Monday, August 07, 2006

my fav market and amish village

Wahaha long time since i've blogged. stupid blogger lah, always cannot upload photos dunno why. totally delayed this blog entry. I'm actually stressed cos i have shitloads of photos to narrate about... and i wanna sleep already! So I will chop chop run through them. This dates all the way back to last saturday...
Saturday, 29th July, 2006
We were supposed to go to my fav asian mkt (actually the only one i've been to) at Payne Ave, and then go on to visit an Amish Village. Well we took soooo long at the mkt that we had to forgo the Amish visit. Actually we wanted to just slack at home this weekend but george reminded us that it's gonna snow like, half the year here, so we had better get out and play as much as we can! that kinda made sense. I also realised that one yr = 52 weekends = less than 52 places to go.. not a lot mah, right.

P1010361
bags and bags of groceries! wheee!
When we reached our apartments with all the groceries done, it was already 3+, so we didn't go to the amish thing. Instead we went to have lunch/dinner at China Buffet! it cost me $12.. See the nonsense I ate:

P1010364 P1010366

P1010365

After which I dropped by Dollar City where i bought a CHOPPER hehe not for a dollar but it was about.. $2.. not bad. I heart my chopper. all my other knives not sharp already. And i also bought some coconut milk from Lakshmi Plaza (indian grocery store) for my laksa..
KS, ryan and me then proceeded to Legacy Village to settle our banking acct stuff and KS wanted to buy some tennis balls.. eh, they have damn cute balls, got pink one also!! Considering taking up tennis.. hee.. We also dropped by Beechwood Mall where I made my first purchase from Victoria's Secret... hoho!


P1010367

me and ryan


P1010369
ks

P1010371
some flowers below my apartment.


P1010372
victoria's secret! comes in a cute pink bag.. ha!

P1010374


haha.. not underwear, lah! a set of Strawberries and Champagne for xy-who-asked-me-to-buy-for-her, although I was so tempted I used the bath bubbles liao. haha.. sorry XY! one less for ya. heh.
Sunday, 30th July, 2006
We finally decided to go to the Amish village. Well if u can be bothered to google them, they're this group of pple who don't use electricity, er.. and a lot of other stuff lah. So basically they drive around in horse buggies, they farm.. haha as u can see i don't know much about them. also cldn't take much photos cos heard that they don't like it.. i mean i wldn't like it if pple came just to look at me and take photos of me as though i was an exhibit.

P1010376
me and ameek on the way there!

P1010379
jy and ks lost and trying to navigate, even with the wonderful GPS.


P1010380

Guess what's wrong with this picture? (answer below)





































P1010383


If you were observant enough, you'd have realised that we visited the Amish village on a freaking SUNDAY!! and they hardly come out on sundays. all the shops were CLOSED. ( we learnt that from some random guy we asked on the street. ) We drove 2h and got quite lost, just to get such news.. damn loserish!

P1010386
So what to do? just take some photos loh.

P1010387
luckily got some exhibit.

P1010388


ks walked further and asked a group of pple on harley davidsons ( damn cute one, you'll see these group of aunties and uncles, and they will sit on these huge things and drive around!! ) and this couple gave him directions to the actual village.. even passed a map to him! So we ventured further...

P1010390
eating my sausage-sandwich thing. quite gross, no bread left hafta eat the ends of the loaf.

P1010395
and we spotted a buggy!!! haha. we kept slowing down so that we could take photos and pissed off lots of cars behind us.

P1010397

haha. backview so can take their picture.. that's what they wear.. and the guys have this huge beard..

great scenery.


2 cute horseys which were quite willing to pose near us! poor things had lots of flies around them though.





So.. that was the end of the trip. It was basically super tiring, and at least we got to see some amish pple, as well as nice farm scenes!

When i got back... don't know why I still had the energy to cook.

sambal fan1-shu2-ye4 and pork =)


tried cooking 'baked rice' in the rice cooker and cut my finger on the stupid condensed soup can. grr. and the 'baked' rice tasted terrible. sigh. it didn't even look good enough to be photographed.

Monday, 31st July, 2006

It was back to work.. my flat mate was also back from spore.. but she was so jet lagged that she slept like siow.. haha. i decided to cook some...

mee swa! tasted.. ok lah. not like mummy's cooking tho.

Wednesday, 2nd August, 2006

feeling brave since the roommate is so heavily sedated, i decided to venture into laksa! check out the mouth-watering picture:

laksa with xiaobaicai, egg, cuttlefishball, sotong, chicken, taopok. and my fav crispy prawn chili.

I even invited kevin over cos the serving was for 3. but with all things i cook, it tasted crappy. haiya i feel really crappy about cooking at this point of time, every thing i cook sucks. super sian! i'm gonna end abruptly here cos i still have another set of photos to upload. bye!

No comments: