Wednesday, August 23, 2006

jap dinner at shuhei restaurant

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Nothing special. I tend to be adventurous in my cooking when the flatmate is not around. [she's back in spore for a week] Here's a carrot cake. It's hilarious how everyone's eyes light up when i mention 'carrot cake', ['you know how to make carrot cake??!!?', they exclaim] and I have to explain slowly that it isn't chye tow kway, but carrot flavoured cake, you knows, like coffee bean cake? Haha. Us poor spore food deprived asians!

22 1


22 3

warm freshly baked cake with caramel fudge swirl icecream drenched with starbucks coffee liqueur.

Wednesay, August 16, 2006

You know what are the perks of being a big boss/manager? You get to eat damn good food, just for the fun of it, and it's paid for by the company. I also want. Anyways, we were to meet our boss's boss's boss's boss [i kid you not] and we voted for a Japanese restaurant! [it was unanimous, except for maybe andrian who doesnt eat fish hahaha] So we ended up at Shuhei japanese restaurant on Chagrin Boulevard.

22 13

fresh tempura

22 15

loads of saaaashimi

22 6

comforting green tea


22 16

'party menu' for us to choose our main dish


22 17
yummilicious sushi.

Loser alert:

I happily gulped down the unagi sushi, enjoying the fragrant, soft meat sliding down my throat and.. ended up with a piece of bone lodged in my throat. Luckily I didn't like, choke and cough and puke out all my sashimi and make a scene or it would be so embarrassing. However if that happened maybe the restaurant would have compensated us in some way? pay for my doctors fees or something heh. It was pretty uncomfortable though, and I went to the washroom to try get it out while keeping my sashimi down [haha! precious sashimi! cannot puke out!!!] but I just couldn't get it out. =( I tried eating lots of rice and drinking lots of fluid [asahi.. hahaa!!] but it was still stuck there. That kinda ruined my evening and my appetite, and I didn't eat much of the food to come. except the dessert. haha. Really worrying as well.

I went to sleep with it that night.. and when I woke up... er, it was still there of course. Boo. Fortunately I decided to try to brush it out with my toothbrush while brushing my teeth, and after a few attempts, I managed to get it out!!! It was 1.5cm long leh! Scary man. I am so lucky la.. if cannot get out, there will be a bone in my throat forever.. how? Kinda gross right. Was worried that it wld like, start getting infected and all that.. damn jialat.

Before I spoil your appetite.. We still aren't even near the main course.


22 18

we had a salad, and miso soup


22 19

and my choice of main course: mushroom seabass.. Melts in your mouth! hardly finished it though, didn't even touch the veg cos I was kinda full from all that tempura-sashimi-sushi-soup-salad-beer-tea + bone in throat. Luckily jy helped me eat some. if not damn wasted loh.


22 22


had to do a bimbotic pose with the cute kimono-clad waitress who wasn't impressed with puji's random bits of japanese [i suspect he learnt from anime] at all. I learnt a new 'ok' pose from her.. nice!


22 23

22 24

22 25

i regret not ordering desserts. well, i still had a good time koping puji's cheesecake and green tea icecream, jy's redbean icecream and andrian's choc cake [shiok]

So I suppose that's about the last time I'll get to eat sashimi for this year. =(


Friday, August 18th, 2006

22 26

Anyhowly cook some pasta. Macaroni with sausage, spinach, tomato, in salsa sauce [hot!]. Well as expected it was way too spicy. I shld just stick with tomato sauce.

After the nonsense pasta, I went to learn driving, thanks to newly-licensed-driver Erwin. Hope I can take the test soon. But that's not the point. I was trying to maneuvre around the cones when erwin suddenly said, eh wait. you wanna see rabbit? and i was like WHERE?



22 27

thanks to erwin's sharp eyes.

I slowly crept up to the rabbit, hid behind a lamppost and took this nightshot by balancing the camera on the lamppost stand. I wanted to go nearer but the rabbit bolted off before I knew it. damn cute right!!! I cant believe US has rabbits living in the open like that. I mean, deers, raccoons etc are common but rabbits!? aiyoh, next thing I'll see hamsters prancing around!

Saturday, August 19th, 2006

Did more driving learning. I really suck at driving. grr.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Went down to Kohls to shop for winter wear. Actually I'm not allowed to cos I've already used up all of my winter allowance. oops. But never been there b4 so I wanted to go there and have a look. Turned out that there weren't much to choose from. We shall blame Puji for recommending the place. Kinda weird, they have makeup brands whose packaging look suspiciously similar to known brands. there's this brand 'flirt' which looks really like MAC, and others that reminded me of Origins, and clinique. I ended up buying cute pink tennis balls and nike goggles from Dicks.

Later went down to Golden Gate shopping centre to check out Old Navy and Bath and Body Works. The sizes [old navy] and prices [bathandbodyworks] just weren't quite right for me so I only ended up getting some hair treatments from Sally's beauty store.

I finally went to Micro Center [centre?] to return my camera bag.. Whew. $10 back! heh. I really don't need a use for it. Cos i'm too lazy to put my camera back into the bag anyway haha.

And this is really boring but i just wanna keep track of what I did, for what I also don't know. But after micro center, I got back and did crunches, went to the gym, did some weights and this track master [shiong leh] thing, and swam some laps! Followed by a VS-Strawberries and Champagne Bubble Bath. However, I am still feeling flabby all over. Boo.

Oh, and congrats to mr-miyagi-who-just-got-married. I'm sure many hearts are broken.. Hehe!

No comments: