Tuesday, March 13, 2007

food

Haven't been blogging for a while. Now that my maple 2x exp has FINALLY ended, I can FINALLY come back and do some normal stuff like a normal person should be doing. You know I'm such a last minute person. Hence I'm actually only rushing my posts because many trips are coming up. Yea, June 1 is only 2.5 months away omg so I gotta quick visit as many places as I can. So I need to clear up all these zapalang posts before I can write about my upcoming trips! This is, a post, on all the food I've been enjoying the past 2 months.

Friday, January 19, 2007

We went down to Buffalo Wild Wings with Sam and Seetoh to show them downtown Cleveland. As usual there were many cars on the streets but everyone were tucked into happening places so the place looked dead still. But I suppose we just don't know where to go.

DSC05580
DSC05583DSC05579
DSC05581DSC05584
Eat until want to vomit siah.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Here's a sample of ski resort food. Hot chocolate is a must, and there's also ice cream which is quite shiok when you're indoors, next to the fireplace. This is a very popular flavour called 'Birthday Cake'

DSC05599DSC05603

And after skiing, our routine dinner place would be Hunan East! Love the 海鲜汤, 排骨王 and 豆苗! The fantastic chinese food at the end of the day really helps me to endure the day of skiing. Heee.. I love skiing but I'm damn lazy lah, don't like to ski for too long or I'll lose my concentration.
DSC05605DSC05607


Sunday, January 21, 2007

This is babu's bday!! Haha. Some nice greasy stuff for breakfast.
DSC05608


Monday, January 22, 2007


The ranch flavoured nachos have green and red bits in it! So christmassy!
DSC05658


Saturday, January 27, 2007

hunan east dinner after skiing again!
DSC05671

Friday, February 2, 2007

In celebration of our colleague nick named yellow banana, or 黄蕉 going back to China for CNY, we went for some dessert at Cheesecake Factory. They actually watched The Messenger before that but I didn't go cos i Hum4. Also cos I was hard at work lah, trying to finish up my project. So I only joined for dessert. Here's my lemon raspberry cheesecake and a strawberry creamsicle cocktail. A bit too creamily sweet for my liking.. Should have mixed one chocolatey and one berry instead.
DSC05679


Sunday, February 4, 2007


Went down to Aurora Farms to help with Erwin's shopping for his sisters.. whee. He bought me and sebastian a chocolate each cos there was some offer I think. Look at the shopping king.. He looks like he's hiding from paparazzi.
DSC05688DSC05690
DSC05689

And my new find.. Texas Toast, just throw into oven, and the result? Thick slices of cheesy garlic toast. For the marinara sauce, just pour Prego pasta sauce right out of the fridge.
DSC05691


Wednesday, February 7, 2007


George treated us to a lunch cos CNY was coming, and he didn't wanna give us ang pows (not that he has to). Hehe.. Good good. Got to eat this chicken pasta from cheesecake factory (again). We did look for other restaurants but couldn't find any, and ended back here.
DSC05692


Sunday, February 11, 2007

Inspired by Weijie, I made my own Rosti! With lots of cheese and egg.. It tasted ok but it looked like a giant hashbrown to me, so.. might as well buy hashbrown huh. Heh it also reminds me of cai tow kuey.. SOB!

DSC05714


Wednesday, February 14, 2007


I was totally saboed by my dearest colleagues today. I went off to the lab to test my project, and when I came back, I was automatically made the proud host of today's party. Crazy bunch of people they are, happily told me that there was to be a party at my house.. Well, the main reason was cos they wanted their crockery/cutlery back from the previous party.. Haha, I refuse to go return it to them.

So, we tapaoed wings from Buffalo Wild Wings on mayfield road, and watched the Pursuit Of HappYness.. Had a nice 'Friendship Day' I guess.

DSC05723
DSC05724
The connections have become so complicated that, I don't know who kevin should be jealous of in this picture. Heehee.

DSC05725


Monday, February 19, 2007

I had received a parcel notice on Saturday and was wondering what it could be, since my buys weren't due to reach me so soon. And I was so super surprised when I received a huge 'Singapore Post' box from the receptionist today. It was heavy, and on it wrote 'Description: 10 tidbits and 1 card in red envelope'.

I couldn't help smiling all the way from the receptionist to my home, where I promptly shook off my shoes, knelt down and tore the box open.

DSC05737DSC05738
From the dearest.. lots of food! Cute right? Although some of these can actually be bought here, haha and it's freaking expensive to send this package! And the 瓜子 all spilled out, making this weird noise as I was carrying the box up. But making me grin like that, priceless. Really appreciate it. =) My colleagues were damn happy too, they loved the haybihiam, and the peas thing was damn good as well.

DSC05740
also, a vday card. Awwww.

DSC05741


Friday, February 23, 2007

You wouldn't believe how deprived of chinese food we are. YL was back from her hometown in China and she brought us some very very very precious BAKKWA from spore! We went totally crazy in our office upon seeing that little red paper bag. Yummy yummy. I have instructed mummy and daddy to bring lots for me. Muahaha!

DSC05754
DSC05755DSC05756


Sunday, February 25, 2007

Kevin, Swee Meng, YL and I went to Aurora Farms today again where I succumbed to another coach bag.. tsk. After which the guys suggested the sunday's special at Boneyard, which was a full slab of ribs for only $11.90.

DSC05798DSC05799
onion ring toss, and the ribs

DSC05800
soooo much fries. I spent 2 days to finish this meal.

No comments: