Thursday, July 20, 2006

sambal belachan and mongolian bbq


Wednesday, July 5, 2006

can't remember what went on on july 5th anymore. Just a pict to show off my homemade pancake breakfast.


what's cooking for dinner?


from top left, shrimp omelette, maple flavoured bacon (shiok), supposedly sambal veg, and non sambal veg w chicken

Getting kinda sick of garlic+soyasauce stirfried food, I decided to start experimenting with sambal belachan. I realised that u can't use the exact same way to cook everything. Cos after heating oil and garlic, and adding in the sambal, the sambal turned black immediately, filling the entire apartment with smelly-sambal-kill-your-nose kinda smell. sighs. I proceeded with the cooking and ended up with the black mess you see up there. It was entirely carcinogenic with huge black specs. bad hor? Cannot even eat. hai. I consulted my mum the nxt day about cooking and she told me for sambal cooking you gotta control the heat.. can't be too hot. eeyer. so difficul one. Now I'm quite terrified of cooking sambal again cos of the mess.. but i shall experiment while the flatmate is back in spore nxt wk.. cos she doesnt really like sambal food. i heart sambal!

Thursday, July 6th, 2006

Initiated by sahithya, the test team met up at the Mongolian BBQ for dinner. It was lots of fun, the food was perfect.. Scot started talking lots of funny stuff like how german shephards hate him cos he's african american.. heh.. too bad I wasn't sitting near him so i didn't know what was going on half the time (as usual). So what happens is you collect a bowl and fill it up with meat, veg, noodle and a sauce of your choice ( they have hundreds of sauces there) and then hand it to the cook, who then stir fries all of it together using 2 long swords on a huge stone platform. To verify that you understood my description:

Mongolian bbq! The food between each 2 swords belong to one diner. I got laughed at for taking this photo, and the dude in black told me as he handed me my food that he didn't want to see his photo on the internet. oops. Sorry, dude. At least your face is blurred?

My choice of food! noodles, pasta, with lots of squid (calamari), scallop.. with teriyaki (i think) sauce. Not bad at all! I rike. OK, I have a grand total of 3 more entries to go.. cya!

No comments: