Saturday, July 22, 2006

my shortest week ever: the flight back

Sunday, 16th July 2006

Hmm. The trip there the first time round was ok, because of the initial excitement, and cos I knew I could definitely come back in a month's time. Even though I had not felt particularly excited in going home, it felt horrible to leave. It was overwhelming especially when I thought of how wouldn't be back for another 11 months. For the first time I really felt horrible for making such a decision to go overseas. Penning this down makes me realise that I'm actually a very selfish person, thinking only for myself. Only thinking twice when I'm feeling upset myself. (assuming that my departure upset others, heh)
So I was all teary eyed sunday morning. Mummy tried to console me by saying "You don't have to worry about us, we'll be worrying for you" but that made it even worse.
We reached the airport, and I found the custom check and the service personnel really rude. All I asked was if we could check in our baggage together, and she gave some rude response that I can't remember. Grr. Maybe I was just in a foul mood but she was really irritating.
We had breakfast at this kopitiam there, I had toast, halfboiled egg and heavenly gao3 coffee shop coffee (my fav). And then my dad suggested to take photos, which I was quite reluctant to cos I was swollen eyed and sianz. That was followed by my mum scolding him for being insensitive. Haha, damn cute. But I'm glad we did.

daddy and mummy


pawsieboy and forced smiles

My UA flight was arranged to transit at tokyo, and later chigago. The flight to tokyo wasn't that bad, cos we had our own entertainment screen with various channels (but stupid one, cannot choose to start your own movie, so every channel you go, you're in the middle of the movie) so I didn't really watch any movie. I did catch a movie on my laptop though, made by tat for their camsouviet trip. Super entertaining and makes me want to go backpacking too!

Better food than SIA, definitely

After checking out the menu, I found out that they served starbucks coffee liqueur, so I had to try it! I previously saw it being sold in CVS pharmacy. The cute air stewardess passed it to me, and said I cld keep the bottle as well. haha the bottle kinda looks like cough mixture, but it's pretty cute. She recommended it with milk and also, coffee.. It's really good with milk and ice, I didn't appreciate the coffee tho, esp cos it's ahem, american copi. dunch rike. Speaking of american copi, yday morning I used a filter bag which was supposed to serve 4, to make 1 cup of coffee, and it still tasted bland like no one's business. Sian! Oh, and I learnt that liqueur was pronounced 'lee-cure' hahaha.. I always thot it was pronounced 'liquor' cos looks the same what!

20% alcohol, leh

I later recommended it to my colleagues. heehee.

k.o.ed from that little bit of alcohol? Come on...

At the end of the trip, the cute air stewardess asked us what we were going overseas for, and when we told her for work (software engineer, leh), she got a shock.. she commented that she thought we were students, going for some school excursion. -_-'" Erm, even though I like pple to think I'm young, that didn't really seem to be a compliment.. Either we behaved like kids, machiam never see alcohol before, or cos I was carrying this (dirty) blue raggedy soft toy dog in my arms.. haha. He couldn't fit into my laptop case lah.. ok, i guess it was the stupid dog. oops..

Our flight at tokyo was delayed for quite a few hours, they were repairing the plane or something, so we had some time to spend there, milling about the dfs shops. They also provided a free drink cos of the delay. Cos our dinner was delayed, we were freaking hungry and after some research, bought a triangular sushi thing for about usd 1.50.. not bad lah, quite worth it. it tasted freaking good (cos hungry lah), and reminded me of sec sch days where the same tuna sushi could be bought from the east and west stall.

I had to buy something from the dfs shops, so other than 2 packets of cuttlefish+cheese sticks and halls passionfruit mints, i bought this:

pouch

My mum mentioned that she wanted these clasp pouches before (she want japan one, summore).. So once i saw this i bought it. even though the fabric is really aunty and she'll probably hate it and scold me for buying it, and the ones she wants is made of leather.. I think this is kinda quaint and unique in a way. Well, as usual if she hates it i can always use if myself.. hohoho. at least it's Made in Japan. =)

alright.. finally finished these 4 posts in a span of 2 days. Hope they're in proper order and make sense. Better get back to my work. Happy FRIDAY!!! whee!

No comments: