Saturday, July 22, 2006

my shortest week ever: convocation!


Thursday, 13 July, 2006

2 yrs of kindergarten + 1 yr of pre-primary school + 6 yrs of primary school +
4 yrs of secondary school + 2 yrs of jc + 4 yrs of uni =
19 yrs of schooling and a tired and old pawsie complete with eyebags and dark eye rings
Well at least it's over, for now. Its finally my convocation! *throws confetti*


Sugar from jeff and tulips from my bro

The dearie who chauffeured my family around and bought batteries for my camera and took photos for me (thats why they are all v blurred =p)

Thanks sweeties for coming!!

Photo with random people. Just happily joined in, they probably think i'm weird or something haha.

familee!


my entourage of supporters! hehe

mafbros.. thanks for cabbing down just for the couple of photos =)

At crystal jade (3rd time this wk!) kitchen, holland v for dimsum w family, bubbles and dot!

This lovely book was given from dearest bubbles. Brings back sweet memories of sec sch where we used to write to each other in this CathyJordanEast book. I love the quirky graphics and messages, and bought most of her merchandise then. Even love her hair, if only I could bring it to the hairdresser without getting weird looks haha.

every page has a different graphic and some spastic caption by Cathy. Look at what bubbles did on the first page! Our collection of neoprints from then.. haha mostly in uniform! Took the most neoprints with this crazy girl.

Friday, 14th July, 2006

I reported to work erm, at 11ish? After settling some admin stuff (laptop bag, travel forms) I rushed down to the embassy to collect my visa, and then to edb to sign the deed w my poor sureties.. heh. Later met up with bubbles and dot for dinner at suntec! I later realised that this was about my only chance of eating sporean food. I really wanted to eat the prata as well, but too bad I was kinda full already.


Laksa at suntec.. =)



dot the crazy chili eater

Bubbles and me went to check out montblanc pens after dinner. Haha, suaku me didn't know that they cost that much!! i thot at most 100+.. I was wondering how can anyone pay that much for a freaking ball point pen! But after visiting the shop, I realised that it's like a cult, you go in there and the nice saleslady smiles at you and treats you real nice and passes you the pen (with gloves) and you write with the diamond encrusted pen and she says 'it's smooth, right?' and you reply 'yea, nice' and then you proceed to take out ur card to pay for it. It's almost hypnotic, you go in there and forget that those are just pens.

Even until now I'm still attracted to the pens. Its so dumb that people pay that much just for a flower shaped capped pen to put in the breast pocket. I'm probably contradicting myself but just try it for yourself. Walk into a montblanc shop today and check out the pens. hahaha. I suppose most pple buy it as a gift, maybe that's how they survive.. I mean, at some point of time you run out of gifts to buy for people, and say your budget is just $500 so just pop in and get one of those pens in a pretty box wrapped with sleek black wrapping paper. Soo convenient.

After the crazy pens pb came to fetch me, and after braving the city jam, we reached sahyi's house to look for joy!! Still as cute and playful as ever. Sahyi was super hospitable as usual, buying durians for us, and even bought packets of prima taste food for me.. so paiseh, always go there and eat only.

Saturday, 15th July 2006

Time went by way too quickly. Saturday was for photo taking at the esplanade! paw, bubbles, dot and supposedly candy, but candy woke up too late and she din bring her gown either.. Also met lots of engin people there.

the priest LaoBuSide, presenting the scroll to Ice/Lightning Wizard, magiPaw! 60% wand scroll? hurhur


finally

=)


Actually, I don't know why we throw the mortar board. It also leaves horrible dents in the board. Mine is all bent. But it's fun anyway.

Special thanks to LaoBuSiDe who helped us take many photos and was made to pose for silly photos with us.

No comments: