Monday, October 23, 2006

brief thoughts


Haha, I haven't been blogging for so long but there has been quite a lot of things that have been going through my mind, and things that i go hmm, I should blog about this. So here it is, a short post on random pawsie nonsense.

1. I realised that i eat more rice/homecooked food here in us than in spore! cos in spore there's all sorts of noodle and other nonsense hawker food whereas here i cook and eat normal home cooked rice.

2. the thing about visiting US places of interest is that it is quite shiok when they show them in movies. Especially since the places shown in movies are usually the landmarks. e.g. fever pitch with drew barrymore, when they showed the Prudential Tower in Boston. and INdependence Day, which I just saw on tv.. with Liberty, empirestate building, grand canyon (i think).. and it is quite shiok to look at it and think fwah i was there!

3. I just had a 5 day C++ course by Dan Saks. Best course I've ever taken. I think I now know the meaning of mental masturbation. Not that I understood every single thing he said but I actually got many concepts cleared out, and fwah, it was just shiok.

4. i've been having mysterious scars. haha it is weird! first i found a lil cut on my thumb cuticle.. wasnt too bad but became a lil swollen and almost pussy (er.. pus-sy) and threatened to be infected. next i burnt the area btn my thumb and first finger on a hot pan in the sink i was trying to wash/cool off. then the next day i found small cuts on my first and 2nd fingers. no idea where that came from!! and my most newly acquired scar, is on my FACE. i was playing maple story, and suddenly my left hand just reached up and scratched my chin for no reason. it hurt like hell but i just continued playing haha what is wrong with me. my god I just defaced myself.. am scarred for life! sob.

5. When I eat skittles/m&ms, I eat them according to colour. I first pour them out on the table/my notes (candy usually eaten when i'm studying/in course) and then I arrange them according to, rainbow colour of course. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Purple skittles. too bad no blue. then I will make sure I eat them such that there are either the same number of each colour left, or cascading numbers of each colour left meaning 1 red, 2 orange, 3 yellow etc.. such that they form a triangle. it pleases me to no end. damnit i am so weird. Maybe next time i will try the fibonacci sequence instead. hurhur.

6. recently fell in love with hollister stuff. Actually abercrombie and fitch's quality is a lot better, can really feel the diff. but i no money, so i settle for hollister-which is still very expensive to me. found a mall that's a 20min drive frm my apartment which has both of them. and american eagle. hohoho. think i will do some major shopping b4 going home. wait. that's a long while away though.

7. I can't stop buying pink things. i have a pink bag, pink adidas jacket, 1 pink wool sweater, 1 pink polo sweater, pink belt, many pink tops, pink socks, pink tennis racket and pink tennis BALLS. and i look prettty idiotic carrying my pink bag and wearing my pink sweater. and get this right pink isn't even my favourite colour.. I don't know what is wrong with me. ok, i shall try to stop and return my loyalty to blue..

edit: dot pointed out that even my blog is pink. urgh.


8. Sunrise Blend! For those of u who dunno what it is, it's an orange-milk drink sold by coffee bean and tea leaf. They probably don't have it anymore, cos it's weird. But anyways, candy used to be so crazy over this drink that once at lalang's house, she insisted on making it. So she mixed orange juice and milk. Well according to my little chemistry knowledge, it is kinda wrong to mix alkaliney milk and acidic OJ together. acid + alkali = salt and water or something. haha. And so I've always thought it was freaking weird and we looked at candy with disgust when she made it. But yday I looked in the fridge feeling damn thirsty and I cldn't decide whether to drink my OJ and milk and decided to heck it and mix it together. It actually tastes very refreshing!! Its kinda gross if u leave it though cos the milk will start to curdle. Well I didn't get any tummy ache and anyway Milk becomes lactic acid when it goes into ur tummy so everything's just acidic so it doesn't really make a diff. So, the point is, go try it. It's yummy. Candy wld be proud of me.

edit: oh, i just casually brought up sunrise blend to my flatmate and she went 'the calcium in the milk will react with the acidic orange juice' my god she is a genius. solved the mystery i've been pondering abt all my life. hahaha.. CaCo3!! Ew. That means I drank that.

ok, i hope that is all or i will hit myself on the head for forgetting and it has to go into a new post. there are many posts coming up, will fill them in when i can! meanwhile, i'm going to george's place for a partay.. haha.. gonna check out his SOUL food.

No comments: