Friday, May 18, 2007

dad+mum eastern tour day 7 @ quebec, quebec

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

We set off for Quebec early in the morning. Quebec is crazy about their flag and you can see its white fleurs-de-lis everywhere, even at this public toilet we went to. Anyway my very playful parents grabbed the chance to play with the snow.. along with other tourists [mostly kids?!] until we got honked at by 李先生 [the driver, not my dad] before we embarrassedly went back into the bus.

day 7 quebec 003
day 7 quebec 007
day 7 quebec 010
day 7 quebec 011day 7 quebec 017
we reached La Citadelle de Québec. It's a star shaped fort.. as usual I didn't pay attention to our guide who gave us all the historyish details. neither did most of the other tourists.. heh I think she got kinda pissed off with us barbarians.

day 7 quebec 023
we did see some men and women in their military uniforms walking around. i was really tempted to go up and ask for a photo with them. and i got a cheap thrill out of thinking how to ask them with my lousy french.. how do you say photo in french. i dont know so all i could come up with would be 'er.. photo avec vous.. sil vous plait?' hurhur. luckily i didn't meet any so that i didn't look stupid.

day 7 quebec 027day 7 quebec 028
day 7 quebec 037
day 7 quebec 054
day 7 quebec 048
my parents wanted to take this photo cos of the snow blowing machines behind

day 7 quebec 083day 7 quebec 095
day 7 quebec 099
after i took this photo in the souvenir shop everyone started following suit, esp the kids, haha

after that we went to a french restaurant to act high class and eat lousy overpriced food.
day 7 quebec 111day 7 quebec 117
mushroom soup

day 7 quebec 118day 7 quebec 119
their steak and my smoked salmon

day 7 quebec 120day 7 quebec 121
day 7 quebec 122day 7 quebec 126
i thot this was cheesecake but to my disappointment it was all cream.

day 7 quebec 134
we popped by le Château Frontenac after lunch. it's a hotel near where we ate..

day 7 quebec 155day 7 quebec 158
day 7 quebec 177day 7 quebec 174
after which.. it was time to head back to US. that was really all we saw of quebec. I've noticed how short my entries are for this eastern tour. I guess it's only when you go there yourself [as in not with tour] and explore the place, interact with the people and soak in the atmosphere, can you really experience a new place. All I got out of this trip was 'I've been there' picts, which is fine cos that was basically the main goal of this trip.

day 7 quebec 198
went through the mountains of vermont and new hampshire. check out the driver in cool shades. he has the BEST driving skills ever.. he's my idol siah. and he also cooperates very well with the tourguide anisa.. really professional.

day 7 quebec 199

No comments: