Thursday, November 30, 2006

101th Post

Whee, I just realised that the previous post on Room Service was my 100th Post. Haha 100 posts for 6 months! Which is 16 posts per month which is 4 posts per week. Huh I got blog so often meh siow.

Friday, November 17, 2006

So after the Cleveland Orchestra thing, we embarked on our 2nd-act-arty-trip to the Cleveland Art Museum to check out the Barcelona exhibit. It was Festive Friday and it was free for us, so it was a great way to check things out.

Upon registration we were given tags to wear, and we signed up for a guided tour an hour later. Then we walked around to check out the exhibits by Miro, Gaudi, Picasso, and Dali. Me being a history-archi-art-idiot didn't exactly get what was going on. But the exhibit was still very engaging, with little tidbits of information next to each art piece.

The timing was pretty perfect, since the tour did not allow us to read each caption properly, we already had about 1 hour to check out the pieces before the tour. The tour was cool, the tour guide explained the history behind barcelona and how it drove the art scene.

I enjoyed Miro's colourful paintings, and I've always been intrigued by Dali's surrealist nonsense. I learnt that Picasso had a blue and a rose period reflected in his paintings. But what I brought home with me from this trip was Gaudi's architecture.. Not that I've even travelled much at all, but I've never seen anything like this before. I love it! It's so totally quirky, nonsensical and lumpy but still beautiful. Once I set my eyes on his buildings, I knew I had to go to Barcelona. Well, someday. Soon enough I hope.



Gaudi's Casa Batllo

DSC03049
On our way there, squeezed 4 pple in the back to save on parking.

DSC03050
We stopped by East Coast Frozen Custard on the way back. Have always wanted to stop there but never really crossed my mine to go there deliberately.

DSC03051
My Caramel Turtle Pecan Cherry Custard! can't remember the flavour of the custard itself but basically it tasted like icecream lah. Don't know why it's always so crowded.

No comments: