Thursday, November 30, 2006

Room Service

Wow. It's already the end of November. Almost reaching the half way mark. Scary how a year can just fly pass. Just got back from my Seattle Vancouver thankskiing trip, it was a BLAST. Lemme clear some boliao posts before I go on to write about the trip.

Know what, the housekeeper always comes at the worst time.. when my room is at the peak of messiness [ok, actually she comes once a fortnight so i suppose it takes 2 weeks for my room to reach maximum messiness.] And it's so so embarrassing! I feel really bad cos the mess is like my own problem but she's so damn nice and always cleans up so nicely after me. You know, it's like your room gets messier by the day but u don't really have the time to stop and clean it, though u nag at urself evryday, and you KNOW that you will eventually clean it really nicely. Then the next day you come back from work and see everything damn clean. It just feels horrible to think that someone did YOUR work for you.

And yesterday was no exception. After reaching home from the airport at 5pm on Tuesday, I showered and slept promptly til the next day. And in order to retrieve my hairdryer from my luggage, my stuff were strewn all over the floor before I rushed out for work. And guess what? when I came home, everything was all nice and clean. =( Of all days she had to pick the day when my room was so horrendously gross. [Actually, she comes every 2 weeks on wednesday haha but I really didn't have the time to clean up b4 she came.]

As evidence of how much work she does, I shall put the after photos. She even put little white $1.99 containers around to store my junk. MY! I'm gonna leave the 'before' photos to your imagination. They're way too gross to be taken. Just imagine that you can't see the floor, that's how bad it is. Come to think of it, you know when you read those teenage fiction books and they mention how the kids' rooms are so strewn with clothes u can't see the floor? Maybe it's a flaw in their room design. Maybe they have way too little storage space, it's just an open spacious room with little cupboards/hooks to stow away stuff you normally use.


DSC03042

Haha, it is still pretty messy where all my junk is but it is already VERY MUCH NEATER than b4. She kinda pushed all my stuff to the side at least. This was my room 2 weeks back.

DSC03043


Ignore my bags of candy and check out how she organized my stuff into cute little white boxes.


DSC03044DSC03046DSC03047DSC03048

Even the toiletries in the bathroom were neatly arranged! Yeah, I am freaking spoilt.

No comments: