Saturday, September 30, 2006

cali-vegas day 8 at vegas

Friday, September 22, 2006

Nearing the end of our first overseas trip together (m'sia is not overSEAs, right). After ren3ing for so long, finally is time to go shopping at the outlets! Turned out that the outlets were very very near our place. In fact, in our search for Mac donald's breakfast (haha, still craving for it but very loserishly couldn't find a macs with proper parking) we actually passed by the outlets without knowing it.

Well, most of the shopping was for pb to bring back.. So I helped him shop.. which is fun cos I dont have to pay and I get to shop! I like!

About everyone there was carrying a coach paperbag.. but I still can't seem to find something i like.. I feel that it is overrated lah, can't bring myself to pay so much for a bag. But to save my own backside shld i buy one in the future, yes i still might buy one before going back to spore so that i can use it! whee!

We shopped so much that we were late for our dinner reservations at 7.15. Haha. Had to rush back to change and then rush down to the Bellagio.

DSC01888
tried to dress up a little, for the fun of it and so that as sahi says, people would treat you better

DSC01889

Todd's English Olives, even the bread also give you olives to eat with.. too bad i'm not a fan of olives. Picture taken with no flash cos paiseh.. machiam never go restaurant and eat before. haha. Actually the place was pretty casual, it was very dark and very noisy cos evryone had had a cocktail or 2. Dress code was business casual but if u wear berms or what they don't really care I think. I'd reserved a table, preferably with a view of the Bellagio fountains [which is one of the main reasons i wanted to eat there]. But so dumb dunno why the reservations screwed up and somehow the waitress cldn't find our reservation, but thank goodness she gave us a table anyway. It was very packed! Didn't get a view of the fountains though.


DSC01890

Foie gras. Actually I came here cos this place was mentioned by xiaxue, so I am a total copycat. eat the same thing summore haha. Never tried this b4, and I can't say I love it. It's pretty nice the way it melts in your mouth, but it tastes very much just like lots of fat to me.

DSC01891

beef with carrot sauce, stewed to tender perfection.

DSC01892

pasta with lamb. water for both of us, bolui to buy alcohol. Also freaked out by the hard rock steak incident.

DSC01898
DSC01900

After a nice but expensive dinner, we walked out to enjoy the Bellagio fountains. I loved it! It's definitely another of the highlights of my tour. They play every 15 minutes or so, and each time they play a different song.. Well initially I thought they couldn't be all that great, cos they don't have like those bright laser lights and fireballs and stuff [as compared to sentosa] plus its free so probably nothing much right.. But I was wrong, I really enjoyed it. I really felt like the fountains were dancing to the music with emotions, and it was so, so romantic. Loads of kissing couples by the fountains haha! pb was like, 'huh they cannot stop kissing one ah'. heehee. It was freezing cold that night, however, and over my white blazer, i still wore pb's coat which he gentlemanly draped across my shoulders.. haha.. so cliche hor, but i rike. =)

Our 'O' show by Cirque Du Soleil was at 10.30pm so we managed to catch about 3 songs at the fountain before we trotted into the warmth of the Bellagio.

DSC01903

The ceiling of the theatre at the beginning of the show, taken before I got chastised by a lady on duty. I hate it when they say no flash photography and they don't even let you take photos without flash. Can't they just say 'no photography at all allowed! none at all!!'. See the structure in the middle? A girl was lowered from there..


The show was beautiful.. very arty farty, dunno what the hell was going on, but it was very enjoyable, especially the pool in the middle which could transform between a diving pool and a stage.. Quite worried that the acrobat may dive in and find that it was a hard stage!! Read that there are like lots of little holes in the platform such that it could shift up and down while allowing the water to stay there. The temperature of the water is also kept constant, and the actors' costumes are changed quite often due to wear and tear!


The 'O' (which is, a play on the french word for water, eau) show was fantastic, very special and wuhua (haha!) cos you get to see acrobats in the air, gymnastics, dancing, synchronized swimming, diving stunts, interesting hair and makeup, and clowns all in one show!


My favourite scene was when these men in red trenchcoats circled down from the ceiling on carousel like horses and then they reached the water, after which they circled with the horses floating on the water.. so beautiful. My least favourite part of the show were the 2 silly clowns who weren't funny at all, I actually almost fell asleep at one point where the 2 clowns were around and taking quite a lot of time [while the rest of the acrobats were changing and getting ready for the next scene I suppose].

No comments: