Saturday, September 30, 2006

cali-vegas day 2 at san diego

Saturday, September 16, 2006 - Day 2

San Diego Zoo Wild Animal Park

My main focus for the San Diego trip was the highly acclaimed San Diego Zoo!! After checking out forums and stuff, I chose the Wild Animal Park over the Zoo cos' people say that the animals are in a natural surrounding and stuff. If you've been reading you'll know that I thought Balboa Park was a foresty place, so I kinda assumed the Zoo would be very natural as well, but apparently it wasn't. That is kinda out of point cos I still chose the Wild Animal Park over the zoo even though I thought the zoo was natural too.

Also because everyone who rave about the Zoo go like, 'They have pandas there!' and I'm not really interested in pandas, so it was the Wild Animal Park for me. There's also this much talked about 'Photo Caravan Safari' in which you go right into the middle with the animals and get to feed giraffes and rhinos. That costs like, $90 per person. Siow right but everyone says its worth it. So I was almost gonna buy the tickets, although very bu she de.. Until later when people recommended me to watch the 'O' show by Cirque Du Soleil when in Las Vegas, and that cost 93.50, which is like probably 30 times more worth it than the photo caravan, so I didn't, and crossed my fingers that the caravan sucks.

DSC01364


Before we went there, we stopped by McDonalds for my best breakfast ever. I've never had macs breakfast here, and the McGriddle is damn damn good!!!! It's like, sausage mc muffin with egg but the bread was a lil like pancake, and sweet. I rike! pb had a deluxe big breakfast which was just big breakfast plus hotcakes.. heh heh. yum!

DSC01365
DSC01368

I'm in heaven!


After the good food, we pranced down to the wild animal park. haha. And at the entrance before buying 2x$28.50 zoo tickets, a lady approached us and told us she had a guest pass, can get one of us in for free! We were sooo lucky. So we only had to buy one ticket.. haha!

DSC01376
pelican paw

DSC01379
DSC01380
i lurrrve this horsey but no one wanted to buy it for me sob

DSC01386
we got on the tram which goes around the zoo compound

DSC01398
rhinos!

DSC01429
DSC01431
DSC01433
that's a sleepy lion on the car! they are sooo lazy!

DSC01442
and this, is an okapi. did you know that? I didn't. We were happily reading the sign saying 'okapi' when this ang moh walked by telling his kid 'ooh look at the okapi' without having to read the sign. I felt pretty low about myself for not knowing what an okapi is. But who the hell knows what are okapis?! Maybe it's like a common animal to them but I sure hafnt heard of them b4!

DSC01447
one damn grumpy gorilla. wldn't dare to mess with him!

DSC01448
DSC01449
foot massage for just a quarter! hehe fun

DSC01452
a silly meerkat looking mightily pleased with himself, thinking he's at the top of the world! they are so cute look like they are perpetually smiling!

DSC01454

DSC01455

And it was time to drive to L.A!! that's me with my green tea mooncake.. haha. Thank goodness i'm not in spore or duno how many i'll eat!

Well, so the wild animal park... was only so-so. Nothing fantastic. Could have saved these 2 days and went somewhere else instead! I am so lucky that I didn't buy the stupid photo caravan thing! cos we could totally see the caravan going into the middle of the compound and it was like, so duh. i had so much more fun at the african safari in sandusky, ohio than at this world famous san diego zoo. Such a disappointment. And that ends our journey in San Diego!

DSC01462

On our way, we stopped by kfc to let pb try the tender chicken here. I actually like the drumsticks cos they are yummiliciously juicy and tender! too salty though. If you're wondering why we bought so much, don't worry we didn't finish all of it. It was kinda dumb, cos we initially ordered 6 pieces for 8 bucks as shown in the menu. Then as we were waiting i saw an advert on the window facing outside that said, 12 pieces for 8.99. How dumb is that? for 1 buck more can get 6 more pieces, of course we had to change it right? Heh.. kfc overload!

Anyway, i really really hate it when these vendors do such things (i.e. weird deals). I mean, no brain ah? cannot count ah? make such ridiculous deals. And never warn the customer, nor did they seem to understand the difference in the pricing. the counter staff also kinda retarded man. I know long john's silvers is also like that, always have to spend a long time counting which is the most wuhua combination to buy! can't they just make these things make sense?

DSC01471
DSC01473


We drove go by the pacific highway coast for a while, and enjoyed the beautiful sea and beachlife before reaching our hotel at Econolodge, Inglewood.

No comments: