Tuesday, February 20, 2007

i <3 my dishwasher.

Thanks to certain dishwasher evangelists from work, I'm now a new dishwasher convert. I was never used to using it and I kinda looked down on it cos it takes 3 hours to wash, and you gotta rinse the dishes prior to washing anyway, so might as well clean it up!! I think I have been fortunate to have a roommate to help with cooking and washing up. Now that she's away, I still have the same number of dishes and pots and pans to clean after cooking!

So I turned to the dishwasher.. and boy am I convinced that it's the way to go. It takes really long but imagine like, 5 plates 5 bowls, rice pot, frying pan, 2 lunch boxes and cutlery.. just dump it in and it gets cleaned and dried, ready to put in your cupboard. Good stuff. It still sounds like it's more of a want than a need, but it really can save at least 20 min of your time, and also your hands from those harsh detergents. I hope it's not too expensive cos I want one of these for my future home!!

Also, you know how the sink always get stuck with all the food debris and you gotta put a little mesh there to stop it and after washing dishes it always chokes up the water and its damn gross to clean up? Here.. they have this in-sink garbage disposal system, and it is damn cool, you just flip a switch and you'll hear this guzzling sound, and any choked up stuff gets blended and disposed of! I wonder if i can get that for my home as well..

I just cooked 1. omelette with cai pok and prawn, 2. sambal spinach with some leftover green pepper and black pepper pork. They turned out pretty good. yay.

No comments: