Friday, February 23, 2007

aloha from hawaii - day 7 on maui island

Monday, January 8, 2007

DSC05208
DSC05207DSC05209

Leaving our Maui Lu Resort.. Hmm. It's our last day in Maui! and it doesn't even seem like we've achieved anything right. When we rented the boogie board and the surf board yday, we'd booked surf lessons for today afternoon! Hoho. So in the morning, we drove up to Kaanapali beach again to check out the waves since there were many surfers there the day b4. Actually my real agenda was, to visit the spicy beef noodle store, heehee.

Alas.. the beef noodle store wasn't open yet.. so we had to settle for some crappy french toast-ham-sunnysideup breakfast again.. before we went to the beach. This time I think we didn't even bother with the surf board.. stupid surf board so difficult to bring around plus never use! Luckily cos there weren't anyone surfing still.. I just played around with my boogie board but I have no idea how to, haha. We just played for a while before leaving the place to go back to Kihei to return our boards.

Next we met up at Kalama Park / "The Cove" for our surfing lessons! The really cute Japanese lady boss with a L.V. pouch and a halter met us.. Very friendly. Her Indonesian assistant was really helpful as well, and we got dressed in a freaking ugly top [to prevent rashes from abrasion with the board] and soggy shoes..

The ang moh boss, Jeff was really helpful and went into the water to take photos for us! Really nice of him.. And he even emailed us the photos later, not like those scheming busi.nesses who make u pay exorbitant amounts for photos. However.. he only sent me the low res ones so they aren't suitable for printing. Sigh.. I never got a reply for a better set of photos. And I feel bad to ask cos its free, so somehow I'd rather pay some money and get some decent photos!! =(

The highlight of this excursion has gotta be their son, Kai. He is so freaking adorable, I wanted to kidnap him home. He's unlike other american kids that I know who are full of confidence and all, he's kinda shy, but yet he bothers to talk to you..

The surf lessons guarantees that you'll be able to stand up on the surf board or they will give you another lesson! Did we manage to surf like a pro?

DSC05210DSC05211
IMG_0178
IMG_0202
IMG_0197
IMG_0201
IMG_0183
IMG_0182
surfIMG_0204

Hehe it was really fun! Not much of a wave though, but when you actually catch the wave it's really cool. The instructor kinda does everything for us though, you just lie there and he'll push you to the speed of the wave when it comes, and then tell you to stand up when you have to.. So it's pretty brainless lah. Towards the end we tried to do it ourselves i.e. paddle yourself such that you are the same speed as the wave but I kinda suck cos I can't paddle properly in the water. So I just kept making the instructor push for me HAHA.

I think pb looked kinda good in the photos while I looked really awkward.. boo. There were another 2 students in the group from canada, I think they were cousins, this really chio girl who I tried not to stare at, hehe, and a plump boy..

And here is our highlight... Kai! He's giving me an autograph.. Haha!! His father made him do it, and as he took the marker from his dad, he coyly smacked his forehead cos he was so shy!! He was actually playing in the playground with his many gfs :( but when his mom told him to come over and talk to us, he actually did.. such a good boy right? I love little boys with this kind of mushroomy hair!! I managed to cheat a kiss and hug out of him. Muahaha..

IMG_0205

We went opposite Kalama Park to have our last Maui lunch at Alexander's, and then shopped around that area for last minute gifts. Bought a couple of tiki can openers.. cute!

DSC05217DSC05218
DSC05219DSC05220
DSC05222

So.. after our lunch in kihei, we bade maui farewell, and left for the airport. At the airport we didn't waste any Hawaiian time by drinking a cocktail.. hoho. This is a Tropical Itch. And they give you a back scratcher for that.. i thought that was kinda dumb cos it was so huge.

DSC05223
DSC05226
DSC05227
And it was night before we boarded our flight to Big Island!

No comments: