Monday, January 15, 2007

pre Christmas

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

We were working pretty hard during this period and Sahi was super nice to come over and sit at our office to give us all the help we needed for our projects. Had a nice lunch with our team at Otani's at golden gate. We initially wanted sushi but settled for hibachi cos there wasn't space at the sushi tables. well, hibachi is just like teppanyaki i guess.

So we set off in Linda's mini cooper! My first time in one. it is super cute! And it's actually manual.. eew. It was funny cos 4 of us had to squeeze in there. Kev, Linda, Sahi, me. We met Sebastian there cos he was at the bank or somethin.


DSC03643


The chef, was hilarious. He talked nonstop!! Very entertaining. I have just discovered the wonders of youtube so i'm gonna heavily use it in my future posts. Which really saves me the trouble of explaining everything.
"You from Singapore? My uncle lives there. You know him? My uncle Lee Kuan Yew! Heh heh heh" Lame, but totally classic. Ha! In the 2nd clip below, he even switches on some strobe lights for an "eyebrow burning" experience.







DSC03650



After eating, we realised that we now have 5 people and 1 mini cooper. Haha.. so we all squeeeezed in. Luckily we aren't too big sized and otani isn't that far from our work place, so we managed get back in one piece.


Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Cos my car is so nice, jy borrowed it from me for a night.. and I got to test drive his Pontiac Grand Prix. The first thing I noticed as I got in was the dazzling array of controls! It's like a freaking airplane! maaadness. It feels really different to drive this car, it's heavier and feels more powerful. Can really feel the force when you accelerate. Cool stuff.



DSC03655
DSC03652DSC03651


It was a very bright and sunny morning, despite the freezing temperatures. Notice anything different about this photo? I just learnt from the Griffith Observatory [during my vacation] about why there are 4 seasons, and why the days become shorter during winter. Haha.. probably very commonsensical stuff but yeah, I didn't know it.


DSC03657



So, if you're observant enough, the sun is really low!! Hor? It wasn't noon yet, but it's still really low for a morning. And it's because the Earth is slightly tilted, yet it rotates about a vertical axis. Which means that during daytime in winter, when I face the sun, I am facing the higher side of the tilted ground, thus the sun appears lower to me. haha! bet you didn't know that!

And of course, during summer, when I face the sun, I'll be facing the lower side of the tilted ground and thus the sun appears higher up. Pretty cool stuff eh?


Thursday, December 21, 2006

I was feeling lazy as usual so I brought instant mee and some tau pok and ham. I thought it looked really cute in the box!


DSC03661


I went down to the post office in the morning to collect my dbs security device nonsense. Speaking of which, it is the most inconvenient thing ever. Forgot to bring it on my vacation and couldn't check my account. I seriously hate it. And I don't know how dynamic it can be since it just generates its own numbers, independent to you accessing the website. Hopefully dbs could do something about it. like, abolish it please.

The point is, I found these really cute stamps there! Haha! Superman, wonderwoman, batman! No spidey though.. They totally remind me of iz reloaded. I guess they're really cool cos they hardly look like stamps. I really get a kick out of using them.


DSC03664

No comments: