Wednesday, January 17, 2007

New Year, New Hair

My hair has become really unruly recently. I've been able to survive by trimming my fringe every now and then, but I haven't done much to the back of my hair cos I can't exactly see the back of my head. So as it grew longer and longer it became super tangled and dry and irritating to comb. Duh.

If you've seen how my male colleagues look after cutting their hair here, you'll know why I've been avoiding the hairdressers'. No offence guys it's not your fault. It's just that the hairdressers here don't understand our asian hair. I think ang mohs' hair are of entirely different texture/thickness. And also, because of the ang mohs' sharp features, they can get away with neatly shaved [but 'toot' to us] hair. And still look good. I guess also cos their hair is often wavy/curly so it's ok when it is cut straight across.

But it is just wrong for us. My male colleagues have found out the hard way that the hairdressers DO NOT understand what 'Layering' or 'Thinning' means. They will just pretend they do but cut it the same way they want. Either that or they seem to think that all asians like the same hairstyle.

Actually, I'm sure there are some good stylists around. Just that we haven't found them yet and they are probably gonna cost a fortune. [have to tip them summore.. bleah]

Therefore I've been experimenting with the scissors myself. Haha! And today, for some unknown reason, I decided to chop off my hair. I don't know what got over me, in the past I would only let someone I really trust cut my hair if it is short. or even if it was long. Looks like I really trust myself. Haha! Well at least my hair is long so even if i screw up majorly I still can go look for professional help.

And also I realised that I've been trying to grow 'long hair' so that I could perm it, ever since year 2 after I cut my chin length hair. that's like 3.5 years and my hair is still no where near my waist. Maybe my head too big/I am too tall huh. So I give up. If I ever want long hair I'll just do extensions.

If you're still reading this after my rather long winded soliloquy, ok, here're the picts! but you gotta promise not to laugh.


BEFORE
DSC05543

Not quite short enough..
DSC05545

and AFTER!!
DSC05547DSC05549DSC05551

It's messy I know but haha it was really FUN. Well it's not my fault I can't see/reach the back of my hair. And I've always like chin length hair. It just feels good to grow it really long and get really sick of it and chop it all off again. It really makes you feel lighter and younger. [blushes] Anyway, I'm so gonna get a scolding from my hairdresser when I get back. And I gotta feeling my kids are gonna hate me for screwing up their hair in the future muahaha!

And no, in case you're wondering, I'm Not going through some serious depression or any shit. Am perfectly happy. =)

No comments: