Friday, January 19, 2007

Grand arrival

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

There was hardly anyone in office. My bosses, supervisors, mentors, weren't around at all. Time to wreak havoc! Heh heh.. Well, after spending a day in the office, some of us decided to pop down to Great Lakes Mall to check out for holiday sales.. Too bad I didn't find anything fantastic from hollister/a&f. By fantastic I mean cheap(er) and good. Hee.. I ended up buying a pair of denim shorts. I lurve the a&f shorts but wah lau eh $50 so ex, must wait until got offer then I'll definitely buy. Can't wear them now anyway its too freaking cold.

When I got home, I hurriedly cleaned up my room.. Cleared it so that I could see the floor. Haha. Well apparently I suck at cleaning up cos he couldn't tell that I cleaned up at all. Bloody hell. Yes, it is the Grand Arrival of Pawsieboy! Whee! After cleaning up, I made sure I had my directions, and drove my car down to the Hertz rental near the airport, to take a shuttle bus down to the airport. Heh free parking at the rental place mah.

Very unfortunately, I received a phone call on the shuttle bus. "Where are you?" Shit!!! He had already reached! ARgh... why are the planes so efficient when I'm not on them! Apparently I'd got the time wrong, I thought it was 10.30 and he reached at 10.10. Bloody hell! What to do, at least I was nearing right? Sigh I felt pretty bad for not being there when he reached.. People travel for a full day to see me and I can't even be on time. Bleah.

I was surprised to see him carrying quite a lot of luggage.. Hur.. and guess what? His whole luggage was full of stuff for me!! MUAHAHA! Check this out..

FOOD

Madness, I know. I wonder how on earth I can finish all that food, considering there are only what, 20 weeks left for me here. Hehe.. but I really appreciate it, thank you so much Adrienne, Sahyi and pb's Aunt. I especially love the cai4 pok4 and the na3 gu1 [or ji3 gu1] chips.. fantastic. And the singaporean curry, damn easy to prepare but tastes fantastic! I took down an inventory of all the food haha but I can't find the piece of paper I wrote it down on.. will update when I find it. Not that anyone cares but haha it is a pretty long list!!

Also arrived, my christmas present! Muahaha!

little blue box
In a little blue box! Guess what it is?


christmas charm
A charm bracelet! Haha I bet you guessed wrongly! Honestly I think its kinda funny to buy a charm bracelet from Tiffany and Co cos I can make one with charms for under $10 so that pple like bubbles can go chop banglas with it [literally].. Haha but it's really cute, and I'm pretty impressed that he actually knows the existence of Tiffany! Yes!! More pretty jewellery to come pb?? *blinks innocently*

And what I got him arrived in the mail a couple of days ago..
DSC03665


A Canon MV920 digicam! He suggested getting one a couple of weeks ago, but I'm quite against these things cos they are so mafan and I told him exactly that.

1. In order to have an interesting video clip you'll have to spend a LOT OF TIME to take it out and EDIT it..
2. Even after spending weeks editing it, no one's gonna watch it, except like, the first time you force them to
3. And since this is analog it means it is even more mafan to convert it to whatever format..
4. And also since it will give high quality video the video will take up lots of space and everything will be so so slow..
5. And putting the video on the internet is a no no cos it is so huge, as compared to a normal digital camera which records in ready little clips which can easily be transferred to your computer!

But I ended up buying it for him, I'm sure it was a nice surprise. Heehee. So what's the point of getting a digicam? I also dunno. Much better quality video I suppose, in lower light conditions.. a powerful zoom.. It's only an entry level digicam, but it has many high reviews.. It's actually called the ZR500 in US but I had to fork out more money to buy this imported version to get its PAL format. Bleah.

Well, at least he really likes it. He was filming about everything possible, going up the plane, going down the bus, eating, walking.. Haha.. Glad that he's fully utilising it. I think if someone gave that to me I would be too freaking lazy to use it at all.. It doesn't come with a firewire [bloody hell] and so he hasn't even tried transferring it to the computer.. so he hasn't gone through the pain of editing it. Wonder if he'll still take as many videos after trying to edit all that nonsense he took?

Also received a couple more pressies from Singapore..

tianpo necklace from adrienne
nice necklace from adrienne!

everything, pursefromphyllis
Also, a cute lil sack containing a purse and a sweet card from Phyllis. Thank you so much!!!

No comments: