Monday, December 15, 2008

stanchart run 08

Participated in the women's 10km category. Our company sponsored our run and we even had a tent complete with masseuse and refreshments! In return we had to wear the ugly, uncomfortable, act-dry-fit corporate singlet. Ok, it wasn't that bad. =)






time to warm up





seldom get to wear singlet and shorts in front of the supreme court that actually looks like one


it's starting!


mike our rollerblading instructor.

I want to say that the run was loads of fun, but it was pretty torturous too. It is pretty awesome to be running in the CBD area, past the Singapore flyer, onto Sheares Bridge, and past the F1 Grandstand with many ferraris and whatnots that tempted you to stop to take photos.

Many things were unexpected.. the scorching heat towards the end such that my feet felt like they were burning.. the crowd.. I imagined that after a while the pple would kinda disperse but it was crowded all the way and you have to really focus to overtake them safely, throughout the race. The first waterstop I went to had water in front and 100 plus at the rear tables.. at the last waterpoint I happily headed to the rear tables only to realize they were serving water and I had missed the 100plus station.

My Runspirator/Personal Photographer was nowhere to be seen for the whole10km, until the end when thankfully he was standing at the correct side.


almost there


see the finishing line?


my inspiration!

i think this is gonna screw up my template but here goes







love the medal. 10km only but very pretty, with the durians and flyer.

Running is one of those addictive things where when I am not running, I keep thinking of when my next run would be. But when I actually run, I would curse and swear and wonder what I was thinking when I started. It's a stupid love hate relationship, but at least it's free and keeps me slim and I get to eat whatever I want. Plus I get to play with my nokia sportstracker.

No comments: