Saturday, November 15, 2008

Weekly spa session

warning: totally boliao and bimbotic post ahead

A spa session can cost you probably 80 to 200++ for an hour in which the 'therapist' slaps on some scrub on you, and 15min of your hour consists of soaking in a tub. Not entirely useful to me for the price you pay. In other words, not wuhua enough. I'd rather pay $30 an hour for a good old massage.

So how do I unwind after a 5 day week of waking up damn early to rush to work and staring at the computer for the whole day. Whenever I am not too lazy to, I'll carry out my diy spa routine. This post allows me to note down the stuff I use, haha so that I can look back in 5 years and see if I still use the same products. Actually most of the pdts are introduced by bubbles, the beauty product guru and flowerpod fanatic. See babu, I'm such a huge fan of yours.

All products are to be bought only when there's a 20% watson's or john little sale! Ha, I just realized this is like a pawsie's Beauty Awards, 2008. I feel so happy just looking at these products. pb, this is why girls love watsons! It's a cheap way of feeling good. Don't even have to buy, just look.

1. Shampoo hair
With whatever shampoo I'm using at the moment. Usually L'oreal's Elseve Smooth Intense Shampoo cos my hair is freaking dry now. $8? When hair is not so dry, I use Keratase's Bain Divalent for dry hair and oily scalp. $25.

2. Hair Treatment
This is done first so that it can be left on for the entire spa session. duh. I love asience hair treatment, $17.90. I also use the much cheaper Watson's Beer hair treatment wax, 2 tubs for $7.90 during sale. Now that there is a recession. But I think the watson's beer hair treatment wax is only about 1/4 as effective as the asience one, so might as well buy the asience.

hair

3. Facial Scrub
Avalon Organics Lavender Scrub from Nature's Farm. $20+? The beads are very tiny which is good, but I find it a bit oily for me cos of its essential oils. I also like Ginvera Marvel Gel ($20) but it's a bit scary cos it's more like a chemical than physical scrub.

4. Facial Cleanser
Avene's cleanance soapless cleanser, $28. Much cheaper if you buy it at the National Skin Centre, at about $22. Gentle, yet leaves skin feeling very comfortably clean. When I'm feeling poorer I use Neutrogena's Skinclearing Foaming Wash, $20. I like how it foams, saving you from the trouble of foaming. Not too drying too. But after using Avene's I realized it doesn't clean as well. It is no longer being sold here but I managed to pick up 2 bottles in Shanghai. omg it has almost been a year and I haven't finished using them yet haha.

5. St Ives Mineral Clay Firming Mask
This is supposed to be a clarifying mud mask. I like how St Ives manages to keep its prices damn low and yet have many useful products. Ok, I'm not sure if its $6.90 cucumber eye gel (very big bottle can?) was actually useful for me, but still. It's affordable. So, like the hair mask, I can also leave this on while I continue.. Parallel process.


face

6. Body Scrub
This is the most exciting part! I seriously heart my L'oreal Exfotonic scrub. $13 if you know where to find it. I'm not sure if they sell the tubs anymore (now in tubes) but I prefer the tub cos I want to be able to reach the very last drop of it. So, scrub real hard! It's rather coarse but, it gives you instant results which you'll see especially when you moisturize later. I usually go around asking my mum to touch my skin after this for skin smoothness verification haha.

7. Shower Gel
My current favourite body wash is the Original Source Mint and Tea Tree shower gel. $8.70. If you leave it on for just a while before washing it off, it leaves you feeling all tingly and minty and refreshed! Perfect for those 'cannot open eyes' mornings, which is like, everyday. I think I need to rub it into my eyes maybe. Realized that it finishes very fast though (maybe Bro has been using it, damn) so I also use cheaper alternatives of course like shokobutsu, dove, follow me etc..

So finally the session is almost over. Can now wash off the hair mask and face mask, followed by a cold shower to close up your pores.

8. Body Lotion
I'm too lazy to moisturize which is why I'm fast drying up like a prune. But when I do bother, I try to finish up my Bath and Body Works stash. Currently using Moonlight Path which smells indian. I also use Victoria's Secrets' Strawberries and Champagne which the pantry auntie says smells indian too. Let me just add that I purchased these for $5usd each when watsons now sells them for S$25 [does anyone actually buy them?!]

body

9. Cuticle Cream/Oil
Haha! I can't stop posting products for this lame post! And why are you still reading it! =) Ok, for my cuticles. O.P.I Avoplex Nail and Cuticle replenishing oil. It has OPI's signature wide brush so it's damn easy to apply. A cheaper alternative is Sally Hansen's Vitamin E Nail and Cuticle Oil. I also use Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme for a richer effect.

10. Cuticle Remover
Sally Hansens.


cuticles

10. Hand/Foot cream
I usually just use Sally Hansen's hand creams and foot creams. There are a few ranges but they all look the same to me and probably works the same too. A bit pricey to me but just remember, Watsons 20% Sales.

hand/foot

ok. I've had enough of this. But if you haven't had enough, here's a recap. HA!

1 comment:

gracie said...

wah.. i like this post! haa. rare to see this from u la en'
I sure wont have the patience to post my skincare, haircare, bodycare.. etc pics up like you =p

*hats off*

do tell me if the opi avon cuticle thingy is goood!

dinner soon :))

cheerios
qinghan