Saturday, November 03, 2007

Shenandoah, Virginia

Been back in spore for 4 months now. Funny how it only takes so little time for me to forget my adventures in the US. I must be a very forgetful person. Those days seem so unreal and far away. Looking back at these photos made me feel like that year away was just a vacuum, where there's so much less to worry about. Once you're back, conversations revolve around cars, housing, marriages, careers.. all serious grownuppy things.

So let me dive back into my memories bit by bit, lest i forget them entirely.

and because zooomr is suddenly not working *sob* im gonna just upload them one by one here. lets see how long i can last.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

this was the day after my previous post on Great Smoky Mountains. We had driven along the Blue Ridge Parkway, towards Shenandoah National Park in Virginia. Ok, we cheated a bit cos we didnt have enough time, so much of the trip was via the expressways, at night especially. I don't really know cos I was sleeping like mad, so much that I refused to wake up to catch the sunrise behind some trees:

shenandoah 1
That's why the area is called the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Don't do mornings well.

As we were all taking in the magnificent view, the morning air was suddenly interrupted by a rude sound.. karrr pui! heh. the guys looked at me with disbelief and saw me gargling my mouth with some mouth wash. eh.. just wake up never brush teeth what..

It was lucky of me to be able to wake up to such beauty around me. Now that I look at it it was so stupid of me to be so lazy and sleepy when I actually had such a chance.

We then set off for home after lingering a little cos it kinda looked the same after a while.. lots of deers basking in the sunshine.. blue ridges.. and also because we had a long long journey home and we were all really tired.

On the way back we stopped at a kfc in Pennsylvania for a meal.There was this souvenir shop opposite the kfc in which we found souvenirs for ALL states of US. so cheaterbug right, no need to visit the actual state to collect. and I went almost crazy cos they have this whole set of 'map' magnets for each state that I've kinda collected a couple from each of the states. They weren't cheap, prob ~$4 each, so buying 50 states = $200 usd on magnets leh.. so I had a hard time choosing only those that I've visited and were prettier.

Said magnets are now residing in a box under my bed. BUT i'll bring them out, probably in my new future home. =)

No comments: