Friday, November 16, 2007

Lovely day.

7.45am:
Left house knowing I have enough time to reach the PIE bus stop for my 154 bus at 8.20am.

8am:
Reach PIE bus stop. Wait for 154

8.20am:
154 really reaches. Non aircon double decker. It's damn crowded and cos it was a long wait there were lots of poly/SIM students waiting to board the bus.

I refuse to board it cos my ride is damn long and I want a seat so that I can read + sleep. Besides, since this bus took so long the next bus usually will not be far behind, and will have less pple and will eventually catch up with this bus cos it has less people alighting/boarding! Right?

8.30am:
Next 154 reaches. Aircon single deck. This time it's even more crowded than the previous. What to do. I squeeze up and end up standing on the step at the door. Boo.

After the poly stop lots of pple alight so I get a seat. whee. I fall asleep after a while.

9.30am:
I open my eyes and see my bus stop whisk by me. I alight the next stop and walk a long way back. I thought my new heels were comfy until I reach office and see a blister on toe 4, right foot.

And my day hasn't even started yet.

12noon:
people jio me for lunch, I decline cos I feel like eating instant noodles. People start leaving the office.

12:15pm:
I grab my wallet and get ready to buy my instant noodles from the vending machine. I look in the coin compartment and see 25c. Oh. no coins. checks note compartment. no notes either. I'm like, almost penniless. and everyone's out for lunch. I decide between buying 20c peanuts and drinking 2 cups of 10c milo.

zq comes back with his food and I think of a less embarrassing way to borrow $ from him.

'hey you have coins? $1-2. Return u next wk', coupled with a grin.

12:20pm:
Yay. I have $2. I walk over to the vending machine and buy one Lays, one doritos and one curry flavoured cup noodles.

12:25pm:
I open the msg satchets and pour all of it in. Start filling the cup with hot water. I see some soup dripping down the cup. I turn the cup around and see a big slit along the cup where the water is dripping out from. At least I didn't burn myself.

Whee.

No comments: