Saturday, February 07, 2009

Europe/UK Day 9 - Venezia

Sunday, August 17, 2008

We have another morning in Venice.



This guy made music out of those glasses of different sizes, and containing different amounts of water. It was beautiful. Too bad we couldn't afford the cd.


they have mambo and Souk here


i noticed the interesting reflection in the mirror, and realized that I was not alone.


tourist jam!


no matter where you walk.. somehow you will be led back to piazza san marco.


you see these guys selling handbags.. I wonder where they're from. are they from the same country, as those Eiffel tower miniature toting salesmen in Paris and Versailles?


this is the worst pasta i've ever eaten in my whole life. It sucks more than pasta mania. Cold and hard.


The gondoliers are damn skillful at maneuvering around these bends!


walked a distance beyond the academia bridge in search of Billa to buy their roast chicken (4euros, cheap). Had to ask a million people for directions.


There it is! a supermarket. I was picking up Ferrero gardens (which btw, is being sold at The Cocoa Tree, saw it in Carrefour at an overpriced S$17) when this man came up to me and talked to me.

Italian Man: "You like sweet stuff"
Me: "Yup"
Italian Man recommends me Lindt.

After some conversation about where I'm from, how long in Venice etc, we talk about the food and he offers to cook for me.

It was slightly freaky. Nice gesture, but yes still very freaky. I declined politely and said that I was leaving that afternoon, which luckily was true.. If this was in the movies, he would be a lot better looking (maybe like Benjamin Button in his younger years), and I would be a lot more adventurous, and could just go to his house and have a good romantic meal and check out his Venetian apartment and family or something and decide to stay in Venetian for good. hmm.

So he went off to do his grocery shopping and I did mine. I had to time myself properly not to meet him at the supermarket checkout so I ended up looking at some toiletries while he queued up. I hastily joined the other queue as he was paying at one of the counters.

Couldn't resist discreetly snapping what the person in front of me bought:

Turned out that I wasn't so discreet and the man behind me was like, wth did you do that for? I had to explain myself and he asked if I wanted to take a photo of his groceries which consisted of some mozzarella cheese. I regret declining him cos hey, I should have just taken a photo anyway since I had the chance right. But the dslr was with pb so I wasn't that much in a photo taking mood.

Paid up and walked out. Saw a familiar face sitting on a bench by the river. shit. It was the guy who wanted to cook for me. Have to entertain him again. He asked me again if I changed my mind.. Argh! Politely declined again and sped off.. all the while turning back to check if he was following me or something. If only it wasn't that freaky, I would have taken a photo of him.


On the way back to the apartments.. Packed up a bit and it was time to leave Venice.


Borrowed the backpacks from fred's friend and jy because we didn't wanna spend $270 on something we'd use just once. But after our Japan trip which was spent lugging 2 huge suitcases around, I'm starting to consider buying one. And it's impt to buy a good one which you can easily adjust to sit nicely on your hips. It looks huge but the good ones are pretty comfortable really and much more practical than heavy suitcases.



The buskers are really highly talented, and they even have cute costumes.

We headed off to take the Alilaguna Airport Taxi which is actually a boat of course, which brings you to the Airport in about, half an hour.

No comments: