Tuesday, July 10, 2007

dad+mum @ chicago, illinois

It has been 1 month since I've been back! Priorities have been

1. clean up room [throw/recycle existing stuff and pack in all that shopping from US]
2. photobook
3. blog
4. meeting up with pple, something I haven't been doing very well.
Because I (1) am on MC, (2) can't go near dusty places like my room, (3) didn't bring home my company laptop which stores all my photos, (4) can't wash my face/hair so i am an oily mess and cannot go out..
I can only blog. While trying not to strain my eyes too much, so have to chop chop finish up, before mummy comes and nags at me.
Ok, time to catch up on a couple of long overdue blog entries.. back to US.


Saturday, April 28, 2007
Have I mentioned this before? Since it was their last weekend here, I decided on something not too taxing for this weekend. So on Friday afternoon when I was home for lunch, mummy questioned, 'Where're we going this weekend' and I answered 'Oh, Cleveland.' Ha, I'd planned for a cleveland downtown tour, including the ZOO!! lol. Well, that's where they are staying and they should know the place right?
To my surprise my mum went 'Huh, not Chicago ah?'. Right.. that's only 6 hours away.. I kept a straight face and answered 'oh, you wanna go there? ok, sure lets go there'.. Aiyoh, my parents are damn adventurous.
So Friday evening was spent booking a less expensive hotel near Chicago, and researching on places to go.. and we set off at ~5am saturday...
Ok, so we reached Chicago at, 11am? It was ok driving in the morning since it was bright.. but i hate city traffic. Well, here are more pics of my parents, back by popular demand!
little dandelions and daisies we first saw when we exited from the East Monroe garage

chicago 010
captivated by the tulips and the chicago skyline

chicago 013
Cloud Gate, or more affectionately, the Bean

chicago 017
see those people lying there? my parents wanted a slice of the action too..

chicago 021 chicago 024
so playful right?

chicago 025
the ground felt really cool.. i was damn tired after little sleep and lots of driving so i really wanted to just sleep there!

chicago 047
super cute little girl playing at crown fountain. love her hair.

chicago 055chicago 059
we love spring! it was tulip festival.. so there were magnificent tulips of all colours everywhere around the city. love it!

chicago 057
crazily taking photos in the middle of the road

chicago 062
matchmaking photo

chicago 066
chicago art museum

chicago 081
it was a pity that the buckingham fountain wasn't switched on!! grr

chicago 087
chicago 091
along lake michigan

chicago 096
chicago 104 chicago 105
we were soo hungry and tired. stopped by the classiest macdonalds i've ever seen for mummy's favourite mc nuggets and daddy's hamburger

chicago 120 chicago 129
more tulips! with the chicago tribune tower in the background

chicago 126

chicago 134
chicago 144
horsey

chicago 146
the haphazardly constructed metro

chicago 147 chicago 152
chicago public library

chicago 154
heehee. crown fountain

chicago 164
gooood chinese food at chinatown

chicago 169
how could we miss him?
Sunday, April 29, 2007

After a superbly good rest in a motel near the airport [where my parents were really amused at how I made them sneak in through the backdoor and how I only paid for 1 guest but requested for 2 double beds] , we set off, all refreshed.

Actually there wasn't really much left to do, so we visited a few more token sites before ahem, hitting the factory outlets. Muahaha.


chicago 175
at Frank Lloyd Wright's house. He's, a famous architect.

chicago 177
chicago 181
chicago 182
chicago 187
after which, we went to the university of chicago..

chicago 192
chicago 197
chicago 201

No comments: