Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Have you seen your squirrel today?

I didn't prepare lunch for today, and being the procrastinator I am, I dingdonged til 1.25 before rushing down to get my lunch from the cafeteria. It didn't occur to me that the cafe would be closed at 1.30, I was lucky to have 5 minutes to scrape up some salad [with lots of dressing of course] for my lunch.

On my way up, I looked out of the windows by the staircase. And saw a squirrel perched on a [bald] tree. It wasn't one of those huge trees you typically see squirrels scampering in, it was a tiny tree with thin branches, and the squirrel was at the tip of one of the branches, balancing easily while tending to a berry in his paws. His bushy tail pointed up as he happily nibbled, hardly noticing me staring at him through the glass.

I realized that squirrel sighting is enough to keep me happy through the day. =)

No comments: